One Love, One Heart
Lets get together and feel alright

Sunday, February 7, 2010

A little piece of the past

My grandmother with her half sisters, Mary Lucille, Frankie, and Helen
My great grandmother Edna Frances

My grandmother with two of her children, plus a third child


Their home in Oakdale Louisiana


My grandmother Edna Mae - My mother looks exactly like her






I had plans today to go through my old photos and complete the rest of my post from yesterday. I've got hundreds of shitty photos that will prove to you that I don't have any talent when it comes to photo taking. I've been completely thrown off course by a email I received yesterday.
The email came from a middle aged man living in Arizona. A middle aged man I had never heard of but he knew plenty about my family. His name is Willie Wooley and he is my grandmothers nephew. Now this might sound normal to some of you but for me it came as a complete shock. You see, my grandmother is an only child or at least she claims to be. Good old Willie has disputed this fact with pictures. After many phone calls between my mother, my grandmother and myself we have finally filled some holes in our history. My grandmother has three half sisters that none of her nine children knew about. Her father was once married to a woman who died when they were very young. Those three half sister went to live with other family members and pretty much were never heard from again.


Hearing from Willie yesterday opened up a can of worms that none of us knew ever existed.

1 comment:

The White Way said...

And just a couple hours ago you said you have no stories?!?! WTF