One Love, One Heart
Lets get together and feel alright

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The weekend


The weather was absolutely perfect over the weekend. Mostly sunny skies and a crisp 58 degrees which I know isn’t exactly shorts and tank top weather but for March it was perfect and truly even in July you can’t wear shorts in Humboldt. We started off the weekend with dinner at Tomo’s since Brian received a nice bonus check with all the Toyota recalls and I insisted he take me on a date. I’m addicted to Tempura Yams (thanks big jess) and would eat tomo’s every weekend if it wasn’t so freaking expensive. For the 60 dollars we spent Friday night we could have eating Mexican food for a week but that’s the price you pay for eating creatures of the sea.



Saturday Brian went into work while I spent time with my sister and her family. We walked the Hammond Trail and took the kids to baseball practice. I finished off the day grocery shopping. I know – really exciting eh?

Sunday was a little more eventful yet frustrating at the same time. Brian once again went into work to finish up his truck even though he promised me we’d hang out on Sunday. I wasn’t too happy but at the same time couldn’t bitch about it because I know he needs to get it done. To appease me he offered to pay for me to do the Foggy Bottom Run with Carly and Derek. It took place in Ferndale and the turnout was pretty amazing. The entire down town section of Main Street was packed with joggers. Now carly and I aren’t runners so our placement was less than spectacular but I wasn’t really out there to win a race but more so for the new experience. I brought our camera to capture the event but the damn thing wouldn’t work – that might have something to do with the fact that it took two dunks in the lake over the summer. I called Brian in hopes that he knew some magic trick that would fix it. He said to take the battery out and put it back in. So that’s what I did twice and NOTHING! Of course, Monday morning it was working perfectly. Although I was bummed I didn’t get any photos I wasn’t overly worried since the event takes pictures and post them online. I spent a good hour yesterday looking for our photos yesterday but once again NOTHING. I guess that’s what happens when your finish is less than spectacular.

Derek finishing in an impressive 40 minutes. Of course he got his photo taken

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Now I understand why our pictures aren't up...cause we all sucked according to their standards! :()