One Love, One Heart
Lets get together and feel alright

Monday, March 29, 2010

Facebook


I caved and am now back on Facebook, I lasted close to 4 months without the drama but boredom overcame me last week and I logged back in. There is no real reason as to why I continue to log off and back on again. I guess the gossip mill just gets the best of me and I feel compelled to see what everyone has been up too. After a few months I begin to realize that most of these so called friends aren’t really friends anyway and I can’t understand why I invest so much time in their personal lives when I really don’t care. Nor do they care enough about mine to keep in touch once I’ve signed out again. Those aren’t friends but merely acquaintances, so what do I care if I can’t see their aunt patties 50th wedding anniversary pic’s? I don’t know aunt patty and aunt patty doesn’t know me. Now some of you might think – how is Facebook any different then BlogSpot ? – truly it’s not much different but I feel a deeper connect with blogging then I do with comments – I wish more of my friends and family would blog – I love reading their thoughts and ideas appose to just seeing their pictures. I guess it’s a lot like going to someone’s house and seeing the slide show of their last vacation. It’s exciting for them but doesn’t really mean much to you. We’ll see how long I last this time :)

3 comments:

Rose said...

oh shit. lookout. this means im about to stalk you and find you on facebook! :)

Marcia said...

Oh man. Sometime I'll tell you about my "friend" who opened up her file of pictures on her computer, and it said 1 of 1500 pictures. Her response was, "Oh, I'll just go through these really quick!" Like I caaaaaarrrrrrrreeeeeeee.

mylittlepaperaddiction said...

I'm glad you're back on!