It had been awhile since I had felt a good earthquake. The last one I can remember taking place was in the early 90's(?) while on a camping trip with my family at Fish Lake. I remember it being intense and spooky much like the one today.
This was the first time I have ever exited the house during an earthquake. Usually I ride out the strom with a smile on my face but todays episode was so intense with the house shaking, lights flickering, and the computer crashing that I thought it was best to experience it all from the great outdoors.
This was the first time I have ever exited the house during an earthquake. Usually I ride out the strom with a smile on my face but todays episode was so intense with the house shaking, lights flickering, and the computer crashing that I thought it was best to experience it all from the great outdoors.
I spent the afternoon in Eureka having lunch with Torie and Sara. Afterwards we walked around and this is some of the damage we came across
2 comments:
Very much glad to hear you are doing well. Jon's new Girlfriend lives up in Eureka and called him shortly after it happened. Crazy but really good news that no major damage. last one I felt was that major one off the coast of that town near ferndale. I just remember being outside in our wagle ln. house and seeing the windows shake and feeling the ground move a bit. I guess you can say the joys of living in Humboldt :)
Definitely a thumbs down to the damage that closed Bon Boniere!
Post a Comment