The weather has been unbelievable warm and clear for winter. We haven't had much rain which I'm thankful for now but know I'll be sad when summer arrives and our lakes and rivers look like mudd puddles. Neither Brian or I are really into football so this Super Bowl Sunday we decided to drive up to Orick and do some hiking. Over the summer we tried to hike Lady Bird Johnson grove just outside of Orick but once we got there we found out you can't take dogs on the trail (stupid!) and had to turn around. Being that we just got Tucker fixed this week, we decided to leave him home and do some exploring on our own. We took two different trails, one being a mile and the other one eight miles (no we didn't walk the whole eight miles - I like to hike - just not that much :) both of them remined me why I love living in Humboldt.
One Love, One Heart
Lets get together and feel alright
Sunday, February 1, 2009
A sunny day in February
The weather has been unbelievable warm and clear for winter. We haven't had much rain which I'm thankful for now but know I'll be sad when summer arrives and our lakes and rivers look like mudd puddles. Neither Brian or I are really into football so this Super Bowl Sunday we decided to drive up to Orick and do some hiking. Over the summer we tried to hike Lady Bird Johnson grove just outside of Orick but once we got there we found out you can't take dogs on the trail (stupid!) and had to turn around. Being that we just got Tucker fixed this week, we decided to leave him home and do some exploring on our own. We took two different trails, one being a mile and the other one eight miles (no we didn't walk the whole eight miles - I like to hike - just not that much :) both of them remined me why I love living in Humboldt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment