I’m not sure where my dislike for the snow came from. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have Raynaud's phenomenon a disorder causing discoloration of the fingers, toes, and occasionally other extremities by decreasing blood supply to the respective regions. Emotional stress and cold are classic triggers of the phenomenon.
Every since I was a little girl I was always the first one back in the truck. While all the other kids built snowmen and laughed their heads off sleighing down the mountain I sat in the truck and cried over cold fingers. I also have an unnatural fear of our vehicle falling down an embankment forever hidden from view of passer byers. Snow or no snow I think about it all the time. I hate the snow!!!! And having said that I’ll tell you about my weekend filled with it
Every year I pray that god will have mercy on me so that I don’t have to trek my ass up the mountain. We’ve had a relatively dry winter with temperatures reaching the mid to upper 60’s for most of January so I thought for sure this year I was off the hook. Brian must pray harder then I do because at this very moment the hills are live with snow flakes. During the week I discussed the possibility of going to the snow with my IM buddy Carly. She and her boyfriend Derek were all for freezing their asses off. If I’m going to the snow I’d rather go in a group, less chance of driving off a cliff and nobody seeing you :)
Early Valentines morning and no phone call from our friends Brian decides we’re not going to miss the chance to go so off we went. Mind you I packed our truck full of survival gear; cookies, chips, soda, blankets, two pairs of shoes, a change of pants, the cell phone, aspirin, and a shovel. We grabbed coffee at starbucks and after a little whining we headed out towards Korbel and up to Snow Camp. I spend the majority of our trip hyperventilating and nauseous but the view was spectacular. God must have been looking out for me a little because half way up snow camp we ran into the snow plow. He was done for the day and we had to turn around. Wooohooo!!!
As I said before Brian must pray harder then I do because bright and early Sunday morning Carly calls and invites us to go. I’m thinking in my head “NO, NO, NO, I already went to the snow this year.” I must admit I was in a panic the entire trip up the hill and didn’t even begin to relax until we hit flat ground again. Ninety mile an hour winds kept us from having to much fun but I did get a couple of good photos out of it. The good news is that I can stop worring about the snow for the next 10 months.
Every since I was a little girl I was always the first one back in the truck. While all the other kids built snowmen and laughed their heads off sleighing down the mountain I sat in the truck and cried over cold fingers. I also have an unnatural fear of our vehicle falling down an embankment forever hidden from view of passer byers. Snow or no snow I think about it all the time. I hate the snow!!!! And having said that I’ll tell you about my weekend filled with it
Every year I pray that god will have mercy on me so that I don’t have to trek my ass up the mountain. We’ve had a relatively dry winter with temperatures reaching the mid to upper 60’s for most of January so I thought for sure this year I was off the hook. Brian must pray harder then I do because at this very moment the hills are live with snow flakes. During the week I discussed the possibility of going to the snow with my IM buddy Carly. She and her boyfriend Derek were all for freezing their asses off. If I’m going to the snow I’d rather go in a group, less chance of driving off a cliff and nobody seeing you :)
Early Valentines morning and no phone call from our friends Brian decides we’re not going to miss the chance to go so off we went. Mind you I packed our truck full of survival gear; cookies, chips, soda, blankets, two pairs of shoes, a change of pants, the cell phone, aspirin, and a shovel. We grabbed coffee at starbucks and after a little whining we headed out towards Korbel and up to Snow Camp. I spend the majority of our trip hyperventilating and nauseous but the view was spectacular. God must have been looking out for me a little because half way up snow camp we ran into the snow plow. He was done for the day and we had to turn around. Wooohooo!!!
As I said before Brian must pray harder then I do because bright and early Sunday morning Carly calls and invites us to go. I’m thinking in my head “NO, NO, NO, I already went to the snow this year.” I must admit I was in a panic the entire trip up the hill and didn’t even begin to relax until we hit flat ground again. Ninety mile an hour winds kept us from having to much fun but I did get a couple of good photos out of it. The good news is that I can stop worring about the snow for the next 10 months.
1 comment:
Um, Derek is Carly's husband, but it's cool:)
Post a Comment