I've suffered from Raynauds Phenomenon for as long as I can remember. For those of you who don't know what it is. I've posted a brief description of it below. Over the last couple of months I've noticed that its becoming more frequent and takes longer to go away. Yesterday while taking a lunch break at home I had to take a hot shower just for the feeling to return to my finger tips. The best part is there is no cure. Keep warm my doctor says. Easier said then done when you live in Humboldt.
Raynaud's phenomenon is a vasopastic disorder causing discoloration of the fingers, toes, and occasionally other areas. The phenomenon is believed to be the result of vasospasms that decrease blood supply to the respective regions. Emotional stress and cold are classic triggers of the phenomenon.
In extreme cases, the phenomenon can progress to necrosis or gangrene of the fingertips.
2 comments:
ok wow! looks like you are glowworm...i am more interested however in the WALL of photos in the hallway! i love the collage effect of framed photos. very cool and inspiring u just added something to my to do list :)
I've heard about this- but never seen it in person- very strange. Well hopefully the sun comes out soon and its gets nice around here- or you guys should go on another vacation :)
Post a Comment