The Road to Monteverde

Our new friends
Monkeys!
Atv Ride
Coco Beach

Isn't he sweet!
Sunset from our room
Brian and I stayed at the Allegro Papagayo and for the most part we enjoyed every minute of it. I think before anyone books accommodations they really need to ask themselves what there looking for in a vacation. Brian and I are the type of people who don’t mind staying at a Best Western appose to a Marriott so for us this was a fine hotel.
The one thing I must say about this place is that it has the most stunning views! Never have I stayed at a resort where every room has an ocean view at no extra charge. I think you’d be hard pressed to find a better view in all of Costa Rica. The pool area is large and we were able to find seating everyday. The staff isn’t as friendly as some of the resorts we’ve stayed at in Mexico but they warmed up after we had been there awhile.
We weren’t overly impressed with our room and the toilet could have been a lot cleaner. Although I never saw any bed bugs I have the bites to prove it.
This hotel is also located in the middle of nowhere. I used Google Earth prior to us arriving so we were well aware that we would need a car rental. There is nothing but cows near by. The terrain is very hilly and could make life difficult for the old, very young, or over weight. We didn't mind the hills so much because it made us feel less guilty about stuffing our faces every night. The food at the buffet was pretty mediocre but quite good in the private restaurants. They even cooked one of the fish we caught that day for dinner in the Italian restaurant that night. Yummy!
The biggest problem with this hotel and maybe all of the hotels in Costa Rica is the influx of the locals on the weekend. On Friday night five tour buses showed up with upwards of 400 to 500 locals looking for a relaxing weekend. It got kind of annoying but once Sunday rolled around they all went back home.
We also met some great Canadians and an Australian at the end of our trip and wish they would have arrived around the same time as us. We had a blast hanging out with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment