One Love, One Heart
Lets get together and feel alright

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The weekend

I think Brian has incredible luck with his camera and I wish it would rub off when he plays the lotto. After having a slight panic attack over the fact that he went for a dip with it in his pocket we got a lucky break when it came back to life on his trip to San Ramon. The lens is still a little foggy but we’re hoping with some time the moisture will eventually evaporate.

We spent Friday night doing the Make a Wish Foundation Poker Run. We took Brian’s 60 bug and did the 30 mile trek with some friends of ours. We both drew crappy hands and froze our butts off but it was nice to contribute to a good cause. Saturday was spent running errands and checking out Cruz in Eureka on the boardwalk. They had a chicken wing cook off which smelled fabulous and of course neither of us could come up with 5 dollars cash between the two of us to have some. I’ll have to keep that in mind for next year and raid the quarter jar before we go. Who carries cash on them now days anyway? Silly!

Saturday night we drove out to Humboldt Hill to check out our friend’s new house and boy am I jealous. There just something about being a homeowner that is calling my name but when I actually sit down and way the pro’s and con’s I tend to find myself wanting to travel away more then I want to own a home. I’ll just have to wait until I’m retired to stay home.

Sunday was spent relaxing and enjoying the rain

1 comment:

mylittlepaperaddiction said...

Travel while you can! Or better yet, you take over my house payment for a while and I'll go on your cool trips ;)