I can't help but laugh every time I look at these photos - I should have known when our 19 to 24 year old river guide Ben was super excited to be taking us on a smaller boat that Carly and I would be drinking a lot of river water. I say 19 to 24 years old because he refused to tell us until the end of the trip and we were both too exhausted to remember to ask him. Cute kid, weighing in at maybe a hundred and forty pounds but I love the fact that he was able to haul my fat ass back into the boat each time I fell out. That was a big concern of ours and I think he was slightly insulted when we doubted his abilities to pluck these damsels in distress out of the water.
I've been meaning to do this white water rafting trip each summer but knowing that Brian wasn't a big fan of the river I didn't push the issue but spending those three hours on the river reminds me of how much I've missed it. Thanks Carly for inviting me!
No comments:
Post a Comment