One Love, One Heart
Lets get together and feel alright

Friday, August 12, 2011

Stoddard Lake - Trinity Alps - California












Hunter and Logan fishing




Stoddar Meadow




Hiking in my $100 buckle jeans - Last year it was a jean skirt - this year expensive jeans - I like to roll in style



Another Gleanton/Minton/Young hiking trip in the Trinity Alps - This one about killed all of us. Taking roughly 6 hours to cover the 3.5 miles of rough terrain. There is actually two different ways to reach Stoddard Lake. For some reason the boys decided that taking the hard way was going to be best for this fat family. Never again do I let them have complete control over the map. This girl learned her lesson when she saws two college ages kids and their elderly parents pack in their lawn chairs from the easy access point.



I'd have to say out of our last three trips this one was my least favorite lake. Although beautiful in its own right I don't think it holds a candle to Tangle Blue or the Russian Wilderness. Plus the weather wasn't great which makes it a little harder to enjoy being outdoors.

No comments: