I really want a new camera. One of those fancy ones that Sara has. I want to be able to look back on my pictures and be blown away by what the lens has captured. Yet I'm hesitant to buy one because I've never had any formal training in photography. I'm horrible about taking photos in the wrong lighting, wrong angle, wrong everything. Its hard for me to justify spending upwards of a thousand dollars on something I can't use properly.
Awhile ago there was a class being taught at College of the Redwoods that promised to teach you the basic of photography and how to use your camera. As usual I was a day late and a camera short of being able to take it. I've promised myself that if I can manage to pack around my camera for the next couple of months or so and actually use it that I'll let myself invest in a nicer one and maybe a photo class or two. In the mean time I will torture all of you with random shots of our morning walks.
1 comment:
Eava, these are all beautiful! You are doing a great job of learning and teaching yourself. I can't take nature shots anywhere close to yours.
The "fancy camera" won't do it all for you. I've taken classes and read until my eyes are crossed for over 15 years now that photography has been my love and I still don't always know what the heck I'm doing! Keep doing what you're doing because it's beautiful and I love it!
xoxo
Post a Comment