I sit here with a knot in my stomach thinking about the hundreds if not thousands of lives that have been lost today. I also sit here in worry as the air is filled with excitement and panic. I have an urge to pray yet I don’t know a single prayer. This feeling coming from the fact that I feel the need to do something yet there is nothing I can do. I’m not even sure what I would pray for but at least that way I would feel like I’m part of something, something good. So far no immediate destruction has been reported but an hour north of us the harbor has been complete destroyed. Crescent City being the only U.S mainland city to ever have been affected by a tsunami has once again fallen victim to it.
Locals here are crowding Vista Point and all I can think is do they have a death wish? Why would you rush down to the ocean to see something that has the potential to take your life? I don’t get it. Part of me wants to turn the TV off and the other part of me can’t bare to turn away from it. The death toll already reaching 300 yet we know from previous experience with the 2004 tsunami that this toll will continue to climb in the upcoming days. I’m hoping for the best possible out come .
Crescent City Harbor - I'd be interested in seeing the after photo
No comments:
Post a Comment