One Love, One Heart
Lets get together and feel alright

Friday, June 18, 2010

The Tent Trailer

Brian has owned this tent trailer for as long as I can remember. I'm not sure exactly where he got it from but it has passed from his hands to his mothers and back again. Its been 10 years and I've never used it. Well that's not entirely true. After a night of drinking with friends we thought we'd give it a shot. I lasted 3 hours before I ended up back in the house. What can I say? I'm a chicken shit when it comes to being cold. We had plans to take it on our Yellowstone trip but it was in need of some desperate work before it was road worthy. Brian said he wanted to make a few changes before we took it with us. What he really should have said is that he wanted to build a new tent trailer and use a couple of parts off of this one. He amazes me on what he's willing to undertake. Never in my right mind would I attempt something like this.

What he started with

Taking it apart

Mockup

Welding the Frame

New Frame


Putting his lazy ass girlfriend to work


Even tucker likes it


New Frame and outer shell


New beefy tent trailer









3 comments:

Rose said...

dont u just love boy activities. their minds work so differently!

Alex said...

That is pretty awesome, great work.

mylittlepaperaddiction said...

You have a very talented honey. He definitely has more vision than I would have with that thing!